Thank you for your interest in a rental home
with Specialized Realty Services.
We would like you to review our policies and procedures in regards to the application process.
Application Process, Criteria and Rental Agreement Fees
To schedule a viewing:
• Prior to scheduling a viewing, we ask that you note the required move-in date, pet policies/restrictions and deposits to ensure they align with your needs. We do require that all decision making parties attend the showing.
• You may schedule your showing by following the instructions listed within the specific property listing, on our website. Once you have scheduled your showing, we will contact you to answer any questions you may have.
To apply for a home:
We process applications on a first come, first serve basis. The online application can be found on our website, within the property listing. We require ALL parties to apply for the home, with all application fees paid and supporting documentation submitted In order to hold your preferred home off the market, in your name during the application process. While we work hard to keep our website updated with “real-time” availability, we WILL refund your application fee(s) in the small chance a previous applicant has applied for the same home just prior to you. Lastly, to save yourself time and money, we STRONGLY encourage you to read our Application Qualifications (listed on the application) prior to submitting your application.
Upon applying online, the following items will be required:
• Your completed application. Please ensure that your name is spelled correctly, you have included THREE years of residential history, and you have included your pet, vehicle, and emergency contact information.
• A copy of valid, government issued ID
• Legal and verifiable income verification for the most recent 30 days (please see the application for list of allowable income sources)
If you are unable to provide this information AT THE TIME of submitting your application, you may e-mail it to leasing@SpecializedRealtyPDX.com within 24 hours of your application. The application will not be approved without this information, and the unit may not be held until all information is received.
Processing the Application
The application process can take up to 72 hours and will result in one of several possible outcomes:
• Acceptance of application with standard deposit (as listed on the marketing material)
• Conditional approval with requirement of UP TO 1.5 month’s additional deposit
• Conditional approval with qualified cosigner
• Conditional approval with qualified cosigner AND UP TO 1.5 month’s additional deposit
• Denial of Application
Applicants will have 72 hours from the time of notification of application approval to execute a rental agreement and make all required deposits. Upon application approval, we will e-mail the rental agreement and an invitation to the tenant portal, so that you may pay the proper holding deposits and balance due upon move-in. If applicants fail to timely take the steps required above, they will be deemed to have refused the unit and the next application for the unit will be processed.
We will contact you five days prior to your move-in date to schedule the time for you to pick up your keys. Please remember, on your move-in date, you will be required to show proof for renter’s insurance (in the amount of $100,000, in addition to the transfer of utility services in your name. The specific utility information will be included in your rental agreement.